3D model format?

Developer
Oct 24, 2008 at 2:25 AM
Have we discussed what format we want our 3D models to be in (FBX, X, XSI, OBJ, etc)
.X and .FBX are supported by the xna framework natively and .XSI is supported if were using Softimage's xna pipeline dll's and game studio addin with mod tool.
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2008 at 4:39 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2008 at 4:39 PM
Hasn't been discussed, but it would probably be best to stick with the tool that Mike was handing out at the meeting.

In related news, how's this for the car?

I found this over on Turbo Squid(http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/273235) and the best part is it is free!
Developer
Oct 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM
I liked it so much I downloaded it and converted it to the xsi/mod tool format :)

but I'm having a problem getting it to render the textures when I put it in an xna game app but it renders perfectly fine in the mod tool.

I've checked to make sure the textures are in the right directories and referenced properly also and everything looks perfect.
I think I'm also going to look into turning this into a shader based model as opposed to straight tga/png textures. ( granted this statement may be totally wrong as I'm still learning XSI )